While there is no question that the United States has been obsessed with Iranian politics in recent times, it turns out that Iranians have been equally focused on celebrities from their country. Just like Americans, Iranian celebrities have faced their share of controversies over the last few years, even though the history and culture of Iran is so much more than just politics.
How do they make a good Persian Celebrity?
There are many famous Persian celebrities, but not all of them are well-known outside of the Middle East. Some of the most interesting and unique Persian Celebrities include actors, actresses, musicians, and political figures. Here is a brief overview of some of Persia’s most popular celebrities.
Zayn Malik is an English singer and actor who rose to fame as one half of the British pop duo The Wanted. He has since released two solo albums and starred in several television shows and films.
Narges Rashidi is an Iranian actress and model who has appeared in numerous Iranian and international films and television shows. She is perhaps best known for her roles in the movies The Kite Runner (2005), A Separation (2011), and A Thousand Words (2013).
What are the most famous Iranian Celebrities?
1. Shahram Hadid is an Iranian-British fashion designer who has won numerous awards, including the British Fashion Award for Menswear Designer of the Year in 2012 and the prestigious D&AD award in 2013.
2. Hamid Karzai is the President of Afghanistan, first elected in 2004 after serving as Minister of Defense from 2002 to 2004. He was a candidate for president in 2009 but lost to Ashraf Ghani.
3. Parviz Parastoo Moghadam is an Iranian-American economist and professor at University of California, Berkeley. He served as Deputy Secretary-General of the World Trade Organization (WTO) from 2006 to 2010. Iranian Celebs
4. Reza Pahlavi is the last Shah of Iran and father of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, who was overthrown in 1979 and executed two years later. Reza Pahlavi was briefly deposed by the Iranian Revolution but quickly returned to power and currently lives in exile in France.
5. Sushmita Sen is an Indian actress who has appeared in several Bollywood films and has received widespread critical acclaim for her work. She has also achieved international recognition for her work in English language films such as Bend It Like Beckham and Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix
Top 10 Most Famous Iranian Celebrities
Iranian celebrities are some of the most famous and well-known people in the world. Some of these celebrities have had successful careers in film, music, and other fields, while others are simply well-known figures within their home country. Here are 10 of the most famous Iranian celebrities:
1. Mohsen Makhmalbaf: Born in 1965, Mohsen Makhmalbaf is a critically acclaimed Iranian filmmaker and actor. He has won numerous awards for his work, including the Palme d’Or (the highest prize awarded at the Cannes Film Festival) for his film “The White Balloon.”
2. Parvin Darabi: Darabi is an Iranian singer and actress who rose to fame in the mid-2000s. She has released several successful albums and starred in several television shows.
3. Shahrukh Khan: Khan is an Indian actor and producer who has been active inollywood since the early 1990s. He has appeared in over 250 films and has been nominated for numerous awards, including two Academy Awards (one for acting, one for producing).
4. Nader Soltanieh: Soltanieh is an Iranian director, screenwriter, producer, and actor who has worked on both commercial and independent projects throughout his career. He has received several awards during his career, including the Silver Bear Award at the Berlin International Film Festival for his film “A Separation.”
Persian celebrities are famous all over the world, but some of their lesser known facts might surprise you. From living a long and healthy life to maintaining an incredibly active social media presence, these celebrities have a lot to offer beyond the fame and glamour. So next time you’re feeling inspired by one of Persia’s favorite sons or daughters, check out 10 things you didn’t know about them!