– Advertisement –
A prominent representative of Chilean professional tennis is Nicholas Jarry Fillol. He was born on October 11, 1995, in the city of Santiago. Information about Nicolas Jarry. He has been playing tennis professionally since 2014. He won an advantage in one of the singles competitions and meetings among duets, in the ATP Tour cycles.
Furthermore, he achieved the highest recognition in the ATP in the singles’ category, in July 2019, after receiving his first ATP title in the city of Bastad, he managed to take 38th place in the ranking. Among duets, he was able to reach the 40th place of the popularity scale in March 2019. Here live tennis scores you can find information about tennis tournaments.
Everything you need to know about the athlete
There are the main facts from the biography of the athlete:
- The athlete’s grandfather is H. Fillol, who played in the ATP.
- Nick took part in the decisive games of the French tennis championship in 2013 among juniors, paired with K. Garin, but K. Edmund and F. Ferreira Silva overtook him. During this period, he received 18th place among boys.
- The guy went to the Davis Cup team and competed with the Dominicans. Since 2014, the Chilean has competed only in adult championships. At the beginning of his journey, he won the entire Doubles Challenger and 1 singles game.
- At the end of the winter of 2015, Jarry took part in the game in which he was in the lead over G. Escobar, and at the next stage he lost to D Lajovic. He ended up in the 200, and a year later, frequent injuries knocked him out of this position.
- In 2016, Nicholas won four more Futures, as well as 2 doubles. At the end of the year, he took 330th place.
- In 2017, the Chilean managed to break into the main part of the Grand Slam, winning in three qualifying stages. He played at Rolland Garros but lost in the first round. However, he managed to win several victories in the Futures and Challenger cycle championships. In the same year he competed in the Morelos Open. Then followed the defeat.
- After placing in the quarter-finals of EO 2018 and failing in the early part of the French tournament, Nick became the champion in his 1st round of the Wimbledon Grand Slam. He gained an advantage in 4 games over number 28 F. Krajinovic. In another round he was beaten by M. McDonald in 5 rounds. Jarry then triumphantly dominated Dominic Thiem, removing him from the lead, but then failed in the semi-final game.
Further, Jarry showed remarkable results in minor competitions. After that there were such tournaments as the German Open, Generali Open Kitzbühel, as well as the Winston-Salem Open. All this happened during 2018. Psode of such significant events, the athlete soared to the 42nd line of popularity.
After the US Open, the tennis player had a good achievement in the 3rd period of SM, where he successfully overtook M. Cilic in 3 games of the 2nd stage, but then he was overtaken by K. Edmund. With such points, he becomes the 39th among the best world tennis players.By the way, you might be interested in the article – US Open 2022: Men’s Draw with Nick.
– Advertisement –