ZAlmost exactly a year after the first attack, the service group Wisag fell victim to hackers again. On Tuesday morning, the IT department found “irregularities” on the servers, said a spokeswoman for the Frankfurt-based company. As a result, all systems and applications were immediately taken off the network.
Since then, the company’s website is no longer available, and the employees cannot be reached by email either. According to Wisag, however, the operational business will continue. The family-owned group recently reported annual sales of 1.2 billion euros.
Late wages for 55,000 employees
The company, which is active in the business areas of facility management, industrial services and airport services, did its homework after the attack a year ago and invested in IT security, the spokeswoman assured.
At that time, the operational business continued, but the processes were severely disrupted for about a week. Even the wages for 55,000 employees were paid late. Nevertheless, Wisag board member Michael Wisser publicly insisted at the time that he would not allow himself to be blackmailed by criminals.
This time, the damage should be repaired more quickly, and the system has already been cleared, Wisag said. “At the current time, it is not apparent that customer or internal data has leaked,” it continues. “We are optimistic that we can safely put all systems back into operation as soon as possible.”
Leave a Reply