What is a double cleanse, who should do it, why do you need to do it, and how should you do it? In a few moments, you’ll have the answer to all of these questions and more. If you’re going into this blind, or you have an inkling of what it is, then this is for you.
What is Double Cleansing?
To start you off, we’ll take a closer look at what double cleansing is before we dive deeper into it and answer your other burning questions.
Double cleansing, in simple words, is cleansing your face twice. This is usually done at the beginning of a skincare routine and is done twice with two completely different types of cleanser or face wash, as you prefer to call them.
This method of cleansing is known to have been practised in Korea for a long time before it picked up traction, five years ago, in the United States. It remains a core practice in many K-beauty skincare routines and now, in many people’s.
Benefits of Double Cleansing
There are some benefits when you double cleanse, and they are mentioned as follows.
- It cleanses the skin deeply by getting rid of all the impurities, dirt, and grime you may have missed the first time.
- It gets rid of extra or stubborn impurities, leaving your skin completely clean and bare.
- A deeply cleansed face is healthier and is ultimately better at absorbing skincare products and reaping all the benefits.
- In case you have makeup on, it helps to break down all the products and wash them off completely.
Why You Need To Double Cleanse
We’ve established that to double cleanse your face, you need two different types of facial cleansers or face washes. This is for a few reasons which are:
- To ensure that you do not completely strip your face of its natural moisture.
- To make sure that you maintain the balance of essential microbes and natural oils on your skin.
- To make sure that you do not irritate your skin or cause other skin conditions like acne, redness, etc.
Who Should Double Cleanse?
Double cleansing is good for everyone but you should do it as often as your skin type allows you to. That is, if you have oily skin and/or wear makeup every day, then you can find that doing it every evening before you head to bed works best for your skin type. But, if you have dry skin and/or wear makeup occasionally, then doing it every day may not be the best move for you or your skin type.
Also, when you decide to double cleanse your skin, take into consideration how often you wear makeup. You might want to do it as often, or as occasionally, as you wear makeup if it suits your skin type.
How To Double Cleanse
There are usually two steps when you want to double-cleanse your face. This involves using two different types of cleansers; one is usually an oil-based cleanser which is followed up by a water-based one.
With 3AM’s Hyaluronic acid face wash which is a gel-based cleanser, you can skip out on these two steps and two different facial cleansers and skip right to using this face wash that double cleanses in one wash.
This Hyaluronic acid face wash is a clean, vegan product that cleanses, soothes, and nourishes the skin. It can do the work of double cleansing and allow you to skip out on using two completely different cleansers. This facial cleanser is pregnancy-safe, breastfeeding-safe, and sulphate-free.
Double cleanse in a single wash with this Hyaluronic acid face wash by 3AM now.