West Bengal, located in the eastern part of India, is a state with a rich cultural heritage and natural beauty. From picturesque hill stations to historic temples and stunning beaches, there are plenty of places to visit in West Bengal. Here are some of the best places to travel in West Bengal:
The Sundarbans is a vast mangrove forest situated in the delta of the Ganges, Brahmaputra, and Meghna rivers. It is home to the Bengal tiger, as well as a variety of other wildlife, including crocodiles, spotted deer, and various species of birds. Visitors can take a boat tour to explore the forest and spot wildlife. For a memorable experience in Sundarbans, you can use Maa Laxmi Travels.
This hill station, located in the Himalayan foothills, is famous for its tea gardens and panoramic views of the Himalayas. Visitors can take a train ride on the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, also known as the “Toy Train,” which offers beautiful views of the surrounding hills and valleys. To visit Darjeeling, you can use Make My Trip.
Known as the “cultural capital” of India, Kolkata is a city rich in history and tradition. Visitors can explore the many temples and colonial-era buildings, such as Victoria Memorial and St. Paul’s Cathedral. The city is also famous for its street food and local markets. To enjoy the rich heritage, we suggest to use Trip Advisor.
This coastal town is located on the Bay of Bengal and is a popular spot for swimming and sunbathing. Visitors can also take a boat tour to spot dolphins and enjoy the beautiful sunset. For booking a tour, you can go with WB Tourism (Government Owned).
This hill station, located in the foothills of the Himalayas, is known for its stunning views of the Himalayas and its rich culture. Visitors can explore the many temples, monasteries, and colonial-era buildings, such as St. Theresa’s Church. To enjoy the beauty of Kalimpong, you can use Holidify.
to make west bengal travel more fun?
Here are some tips to make your travel in West Bengal more fun:
- Plan ahead: Research the places you want to visit and create a rough itinerary. This will help you make the most of your time and see all the things you want to see.
- Try local food: West Bengal is famous for its delicious food, from street food to fine dining. Try to sample as many different dishes as possible to get a taste of the local cuisine.
- Take a guided tour: Guided tours are a great way to learn about the history and culture of the places you visit. They can also help you navigate unfamiliar areas and find hidden gems.
- Meet local people: West Bengal is known for its friendly and hospitable people. Try to strike up conversations with locals and learn about their customs and way of life.
- Try a new activity: West Bengal offers a wide range of activities, such as trekking, bird watching, and boating. Try something new and step out of your comfort zone.
- Experience the culture: Visit local temples, monasteries, and other places of worship to learn about the local culture and customs.
- Be open-minded: Travel is an opportunity to step out of your comfort zone and experience new things. Be open-minded and go with the flow.
- Have a sense of humor : Laughing is the best way to make any trip fun, no matter what happens. Just let loose, and enjoy the ride!
How to go ahead?
In conclusion, West Bengal is a state with a rich cultural heritage and natural beauty. From the picturesque hill stations of Darjeeling and Kalimpong to the stunning beaches of Digha and the unique mangrove forest of Sundarbans, it offers something for everyone. To make your travel in West Bengal more fun, it is important to plan ahead, try local food, take guided tours, meet local people, try new activities, and experience the culture. Additionally, it’s important to have an open mind and a sense of humor, and be willing to step out of your comfort zone. With all these tips, you are bound to have a memorable and enjoyable trip to West Bengal.