Bharat Ganeshpure is an Indian comedian and actor, who has mainly worked in the Marathi TV serials and films. In 2014, he appeared in the popular TV comedy show ‘Fu Bai Fu.’
Bharat Ganeshpure aka Bharat T Ganeshpure was born on Friday, 15 August 1969 (age 52 years; as of 2022) in Anjangaon, Amaravati District, Maharashtra. His zodiac sign is Leo. He did his schooling at Suvidhya School in Maharashtra, Manibai Gujarati High School in Ambapeth, Maharashtra, and Prabodhan Vidyalaya Daryapur, Maharashtra. Later, he pursued BSc in Agriculture from Shri Shivaji Agriculture College, Amravati, Maharashtra.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Bharat was born in a Maharashtrian family.
Parents & Siblings
His father was a teacher, who later became an officer in the Department of Education. He has two sisters.
Wife & Children
On 12 February 2000, he got married to Archana Ganeshpure. The couple has a son named Dhruv Ganeshpure.
He has appeared in various Marathi TV serials like ‘Abhalmaya’ (1999), ‘Fu Bai Fu’ (2014), and ‘Chala Hawa Yeu Dya’ (2014).
Some of his Hindi TV serials are ‘Baa Bahoo Aur Baby’ (2005), ‘Mrs. Tendulkar’ (2012), and ‘Crime Patrol’ (2012). In 2022, he performed in the Hindi TV comedy show ‘India’s Laughter Champion’ along with the other Indian comedian Sagar Karande.
Bharat has mainly played supporting roles in many Hindi and Marathi films. Some of his popular Marathi films are ‘Saatchya Aat Gharat’ (2004), ‘Ek Daav Dhobi Pachhad’ (2009), ‘Jalsa’ (2016), ‘Odh- Maitritil Avyakt Bhavna’ (2018), and ‘Basta’ (2020).
He has acted in a few Hindi films like ‘Black Friday’ (2004), ‘Bhoot Returns’ (2012), ‘Meridian Lines’ (2013), ‘Antim: The Final Truth’ (2021), and ‘Jhund’ (2022).
- Bharat started his career as a theatre artist. In 1998, he came to Mumbai and started working in Marathi TV serials and films. In an interview, while talking about starting his journey as an actor, he said,
While working in theatre, I used to ask for roles. It took a lot of hard work to get the first break. But then when I got the job, people thought I was a good actor. Gradually it became easier to get the job done and one by one, I even got a glimpse of the television series. Then people started liking my work. And I started getting calls from the director. In the end, whether the work is small or big. It is important that you do this honestly. Honest efforts are sure to succeed.”
- He has also worked at Life Insurance Corporation and Preity Paisley Designer Studio for a few years.
- Bharat is known for his Vidarbha Marathi accent in his films and TV shows. In an interview, while talking about his accent, he said,
The audience wants something new every time. Their expectations from the artists are constantly changing. So even when I came to Mumbai to prove my uniqueness, I kept the dialect and its accent. The beginning was a bit difficult; But then the audience started to like the accent of my language and got a great response. If I had put aside this difference and mastered the language of Mumbai, I would probably have stayed out of the mainstream.”
- He once said that whatever he achieved was just because of the love of the audience. He further said that he did not have any formal training from school or college, and it was only audience love which helped him in making a successful acting career.
- In his leisure time, he enjoys playing cricket and fishing.