Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) has made several promotions for its North America property team.
The company has named Cathy Miller head of North America property. Previously serving as global property underwriting officer, Miller will oversee BHSI’s general property, energy, builder’s risk, and marine business in the US and Canada.
In addition to Miller, BHSI has promoted the following to new roles:
- Greg Freeman as US retail leader, general property; he will also continue to play an integral role in BHSI’s North America builder’s risk business. He was previously head of retail general property, US Eastern region.
- Mark Lees as global property underwriting officer. He was previously head of retail general property, US Western region.
- Scott Johnson as head of retail general property, US Eastern region. He was previously head of retail general property, US Northeast region.
- Alison McVeigh as head of retail general property, US Northeast region. She was previously vice president, US Northeast region property.
- Manny Dewani as head of tail general property, US Western region. He was previously vice president, US Western region property.
“BHSI has an exceptional team of individuals with excellent capabilities and strong character bringing our reliable capacity, risk engineering and ‘claims is out product’ philosophy to the marketplace,” said BHSI president of North America Sanjay Godhwani. “I am pleased to tap into our deep bench of talent in making these promotions. All of these leaders have pivotal roles to play as we continue to expand our property portfolio in North America and around the globe.”
Earlier this month, BHSI promoted two executives: Shelley Norman to the role of senior vice president of management liability, US, and Jason Preston to the role of senior vice president of management liability, central region.