Gurdeep Singh is an Indian weightlifter and employee at the Indian Railways. He won a bronze medal at the Commonwealth Games, Birmingham, England in the men’s 109 plus category.
Gurdeep Singh aka Gurdeep Dullet was born on Sunday, 1 October 1995 (age 26 years; as of 2022) in Majri Rasluri Village, Khanna, Punjab, India. His zodiac sign is Libra.
Height (approx.): 6′ 2″
Weight (approx.): 161 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Gurdeep belongs to a Punjabi Jatt family.
Parents & Siblings
His father is a farmer. His mother’s name is Jasbir Kaur Dullet. He has a brother named Sandy, and a sister named Manvir Kaur.
In 2010, he joined a weightlifting centre in his village to start his training in the sport. His coach there analysed his performance and asked the Indian team head coach Vijay Sharma to take Gurdeep to the National Camp. In 2015, Gurdeep joined the camp. He then competed in many national and international weightlifting tournaments in the heavyweight category including:
- 22 April 2016: Asian Championships
- 3 September 2017: Commonwealth Championships
- 27 November 2017: IWF World Championships
- 4 April 2018: XXI Commonwealth Games
- 1 November 2018: IWF World Championships
- 18 April 2019: Asian Championships
- 7 December 2021: Commonwealth Senior Championships
- 7 December 2021: IWF World Championships
- 3 August 2022: Commonwealth Games
He has also trained at the Netaji Subhas National Institute of Sports, Patiala, Punjab.
- 2017: Bronze Medal in Commonwealth Championship
- 2018: Bronze Medal in National Weightlifting Championships
- 2021: Bronze Medal in Commonwealth Senior Championship
- 2022: Bronze Medal in Commonwealth Games
- In 2015, Gurdeep’s father motivated him to join a weightlifting centre in their village. His father did not want him to sit idly at home, so he suggested him to join a weightlifting centre.
- Gurdeep Singh holds a national record of 223 kg clean and jerk effort in the men’s 109 plus category.
Leave a Reply