Having long hair and maintaining them is a great job to do. But untangling and setting hair, whether short or long, requires a comb or a hair brush. Cleaning a comb and maintaining is what many people find difficult. Therefore, in this article, we will discuss how removing hair comb buildup is done.
Why is debris removal from hair brushes important?
Hair stylists believe that the health of your hair largely depends on the service of hair brushes. Your hair conditioning and treatments will be of no use if you’re combs are dirty. You must clean your hair tools regularly for healthy-looking hair.
Moreover, getting rid of broken hair strands is important as you don’t want to reinfect your hair with the residue on your brush. Furthermore, bacteria, dust, and dirt that reach your scalp through dirty combs can contaminate your scalp and result in causing dandruff and infection.
Tangle-free hair combs are the best when they are well-maintained and cleaned regularly to prevent itching and dandruff on your scalp. To prevent your hair strands from breakage, unclog your combs regularly so that it glides through your hair smoothly.
How do I remove debris from hair brushes?
Debris removal from hair brushes is the most important task for healthy hair. Some people recommend that soaking the hairbrush in water can help to clean them. However, most hair stylists are against this practice. This is because wooden handle brushes get affected by water. Moreover, wooden handle softens due to water and becomes a breeding ground for bacteria. In the case of cushion padding, water can get trapped inside it making it difficult to use for you. Therefore, there are far better ways of debris removal from hair brushes.
What are the brush cleaning techniques?
It is advisable to remove the hair strands for the brush every time it is used, why wait for the buildup to appear and then clean it? Regular cleaning will make the deep cleansing process easy and quick.
Here are a few tips for freshening hair brushes:
- Always remove excess or loose strands from the brush.
- If you have a lot of hair tangled in the brush and can’t get rid of them easily, then gently cut them carefully to loosen their grip.
- Then with the help of a clean toothbrush and shampoo, get rid of the debris.
- Apply shampoo on the toothbrush bristles and gently scrub it on the base of the hairbrush, you will see that the dirt is getting wiped off.
- Then rinse the toothbrush and with its help, clean the remaining buildup and continue the process till the brush is completely debris and shampoo free.
- Dry your brush with a dry cloth or towel.
How do I refresh my comb?
After you have learned how to clean a brush, it is time that you learn to tidy up your comb too. These are the steps for freshening your comb:
- Add a few drops of shampoo to a bowl of warm water.
- Soak the comb in it and let it rest for some time so that the buildup and debris loosen.
- Scrub the comb tooth using a clean toothbrush to get rid of the remaining dirt.
- Lastly, using an alcohol swab or soaking it in alcohol can help you sanitize it.
Which comb is best for detangling hair?
While talking about combs, wide-tooth combs are the best to detangle hair. These are a must-have for everyone. It is ideal for curly hair too. However, some people prefer hair brushes as they cause less pain compared to a regular comb. Moreover, you can refer to your stylist for the best comb type according to your hair type. However, whatever the detangling tool is, the fundamental fact is that it needs to be maintained regularly in order to achieve healthy hair, otherwise, all your hair treatments will be in vain. Searching for a new hair care essential? Explore the perfect hairbrush for your needs, and find competitive hair brush price in Pakistan on our platform.