In a world where we cannot live without music, some people want to become musicians and bring the world even more joy. One can learn how to play various instruments, but the piano is the most classical and the most loved. The melody, versatility, and emotion are just some things that make the piano the king of instruments.
If you want to master the art of playing pianos, you may be looking for the fastest way to conquer this complex instrument. Luckily, we are here to help. You may have heard that lighted keys will ensure you learn how to play quickly, and we are here to tell you about this innovative feature. First, we will discuss these keys, their benefits, and whether they can help you on your journey.
What are lighted keys?
Since the digital world is advancing, we can purchase things we couldn’t imagine having. One such futuristic product is the light up piano keyboard. This keyboard may be the future of learning how to play instruments.
As the name suggests, lighted keys light up when you play a melody, letting you know which notes you’re using. Some keyboards also have a little display that writes the tune. You can also play a song on the keyboard; the screen will tell you the song’s chords.
Every lighted keyboard has settings, and you can turn the background light on or off to practice your pieces. You can even make the keyboard wait until you play the correct note. This innovative approach to learning how to play instruments may be helpful, but it may also have downsides.
The pros and cons of lighted keys
Since this advancement hasn’t been around long enough, we don’t know whether lighted keys are a good choice or another unnecessary invention. You can judge that by checking out the pros and cons of these keys.
- Reading music – a beginner’s biggest challenge is learning to read music and transfer it to the keyboard. Luckily, light-up piano keyboards will work for you. You won’t have to read a melody manually; you can look at the display on your keyboard.
- Learning on the go – you won’t have to remember individual elements again. Instead, you can just read and play what the keyboard’s display tells you. You will acquire the chords and the melody of your favorite song in no time.
- Beginner-friendly – even if you have no prior knowledge of playing the piano, you will have no trouble getting a hold of musical concepts using this digital keyboard.
- No assistance needed – if you don’t want to overspend on a music school and want to play for your ears only, you won’t need any help to learn how to play. All you will need is the display of a lighted keyboard, and you will be good to go.
- Easy to press – the keys on lighted keyboards are not heavy; they will be easier to push down and play.
- You may become dependent on this keyboard – although you can learn quickly and play your favorite tunes, you may always need help from this keyboard in the future since it is always telling you what to play.
- You cannot listen to a song before playing – a lighted keyboard will only show you which keys to play, but you may not know the melody of the music it is trying to teach you. Because of this, you may need additional devices, such as your phone, to listen to the melody before playing.
- The weight might be an issue – since the keys are light, you won’t get that piano feel. Instead, you will feel like you are playing a game on your tablet rather than a real instrument.
Can lighted keys make you a better player?
As you can see above, these keyboards have their pros and cons. If you want to learn how to play quickly and read the notes of your favorite songs, lighted keyboards might be a good choice. Many people who have used this keyboard had no trouble acquiring the chords of their favorite songs, playing them by heart in no time.
Beginners will learn to read notes entertainingly; no more annoying theories and explanations regarding chords. Lighted keys are an excellent option for beginners and younger players. Since the keys are easier to press, even the youngest players will have no trouble playing their favorite songs. Light-up keys may be the perfect option if you are a first-time player.
As we have already mentioned, you may become dependent on this keyboard, and you may not be able to play any other instrument afterward. To gain independence, you should switch to a traditional piano as soon as you feel comfortable. However, we advise beginners to change to pianos once they learn the basics of playing.
For experienced players
On the other hand, if you are a more experienced player, lighted keys will only bring you a negative attitude. You may already be acquainted with the feel of acoustic pianos and know how their keys feel. You will be disappointed when playing a lighted keyboard since it is not even close to the real deal.
Moreover, the display feature might not be as helpful to you as it is to beginners. You may already know how to read notes; thus, this feature may be unnecessary.
Lighted keyboards are a good option if you want to learn to play a specific song quickly. Starting your journey on a lighted keyboard may be the way to go if you are a beginner. However, if you already have some experience and want to become a professional pianist, we recommend choosing another option.
In the modern era, we can enjoy various advanced products that can make our lives easier. One such product may be a lighted keyboard. This keyboard will teach you how to play your favorite songs by using a backlight on your keys. We have explained some pros and cons of using such keyboards and whether they can make you a better player. The future of playing musical instruments is here, but it needs more time to become perfect.
Leave a Reply