It doesn’t cost a cent: This is how you can check your current score in Flensburg on the Internet
Luckily, you can save yourself more and more administrative formalities because these can now be done online. We will show you how to quickly check your points balance in Flensburg.
Motorists can use the Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA) for free receive information from the driving aptitude register. This works online and shows your score in the so-called traffic offender file.
The Flensburg authority stores legally binding decisions on traffic violations and driving license measures there. Entered violations are rated with points according to type and severity and deleted again after a certain period of time.
But the retrieval is technically not very easy. We show you what you need, how to access it and why you should definitely not spend money on it.
View points in Flensburg
You will receive online information from the KBA immediately. Once everything is set up, retrieval only takes a minute. However, there are a few technical requirements that must be met. You need:
- an NFC-enabled smartphone or a card reader for the PC/Mac
- a valid identity card with activated online function including a six-digit PIN of your choice
- on smartphone or desktop the AusweisApp2 (download via CHIP)
Once the apps have been installed and you have your ID card and PIN ready to use, you can get started with the online retrieval:
- Go to the official website of the KBA for online register information.
- Start the AusweisApp2, if you run the query on the desktop, also start the desktop version and select “Start remote access” on the smartphone.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and enter the PIN or hold your ID card to your mobile phone.
- After successful authentication, click on “Next”.
- Check the data read from your ID card.
- Select the information from the driving aptitude register.
- The KBA will then provide you with a PDF with the saved data for download.
Don’t fall for providers
The information from the KBA is for free . So you don’t have to pay anything to know your points balance. Nevertheless, there are providers on the Internet who charge money for this, such as abfrage.punkte-flensburg.de.
You have to fill out an online form there and the provider will then forward it to the KBA and then send you the information. But then a fee of 29.90 euros charged to query the score for you.
If the online query at the KBA is too complicated for you or you do not meet the technical requirements, there is also an official PDF form that you can fill out and send to the KBA. Then you only pay 85 cents postage for the letter.
The original of this post “How to check your current score in Flensburg on the Internet” comes from chip.de.