Pooja Gehlot is an Indian freestyle wrestler, who participates in 50 kg and 53 kg girls’s wrestling occasions. In 2018, she acquired the Bharat Kesari title at a freestyle wrestling competitors.
Pooja Gehlot aka Pooja Gahlawat was born on Saturday, 15 March 1997 (age 25 years; as of 2022) in Narela, New Delhi. She hails from Farmana, Haryana. Her zodiac signal is Pisces.
She pursued a Bachelor of Bodily Training from Pretty Skilled College, Phagwara, Punjab.
Top (approx.): 5′ 3″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Black
Dad and mom & Siblings
Her father, Vijender Singh, works as a lab assistant at Sarvodaya Bal Vidyalaya, Delhi. Her mom’s title is Jagwanti Devi. She has two brothers named Ankit Gahlawat and Pushpendra Gahlawat, and a sister named Priyanka Gahlawat.
In 2016, Pooja made her wrestling debut on the Nationwide Junior Wrestling Championship in Ranchi underneath the 48 kg class. She gained a gold medal within the championship. Throughout her follow classes, she had a serious harm and docs requested her to take a relaxation for a 12 months. In 2017, she resumed her practise classes, and in 2018, she participated in a freestyle wrestling competitors. The competitors was organised by the Haryana Sports activities and Youth Affairs division to commemorate the martyrdom day of Shaheed Bhagat Singh, Rajguru, and Sukhdev. Within the competitors, she acquired the Bharat Kesari title together with a money prize of Rs 10 lakh.
Pooja went on to take part in numerous wrestling competitions like Junior Asian Championships and World Wrestling Championship. Her coach is her uncle Dharamveer Singh.
- 2016: Gold medal in Junior Nationwide Championship, Ranchi
- 2017: Gold Medal in Junior Asian Championships, Taiwan
- 2019: Silver Medal in World U23 Wrestling Championships, Budapest, Hungary
- On the age of 6, Pooja began studying the methods of wrestling. Her uncle Dharamveer Singh was a wrestler, and she or he used to accompany him to his matches in childhood. There, she used to watch the strikes of wrestlers and follow the strikes at house.
- Her father didn’t need her to make a profession as a wrestler. She then began taking part in video games like Volleyball in her college. She has performed volleyball on the nationwide degree.
- She redeveloped her curiosity in wrestling after watching the match of the Indian wrestlers Geeta Phogat and Babita Phogat on the 2010 Commonwealth Video games.
- She considers the Indian wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt as his inspiration.
- Pooja follows a vegetarian eating regimen.
- Throughout an interview, Pooja talked about her strengths in wrestling. She stated,
Initially, after I knew that I needed to prepare with boys I used to be reluctant. However I wished to be a wrestler and my father at all times motivated me to not take into consideration such issues. Coaching with Greco-Roman wrestlers helped make by defence rock-solid.”
- Pooja has endorsed Guardian GNC which is a well being complement model.