RIMS, the risk management society®, has appointed Jennifer Santiago as its president for 2023, effective January 01.
Santiago has been a RIMS member for more than 15 years, serving on its board of directors since 2014.
She is the director of risk management & safety at Wakefern Food Corp. (Wakefern), the largest retailer-owned cooperative in the US with over $18 billion in revenues and 51 member companies that independently own and operate over 360 retail supermarkets. In this role, Santiago sets the vision and strategic direction for corporate and member risk management, insurance risk financing, captive management, and safety management programs across the enterprise. Previously, she was the assistant vice president and chief risk officer (CRO) at the Pennsylvania State University.
Santiago is also experienced in leading enterprise risk management, operational risk, ethics & compliance risk, and insurance initiatives at Novartis Pharmaceutical Corporation, Ingersoll Rand, Arthur J Gallagher Risk Management Services, and NYU Medical Center.
Commenting on her new role at RIMS, Santiago emphasized that the “road to organizational resilience starts with leadership of the risk management professional”.
“Around the world, risk professionals have taken the initiative, stepping up to lead strategies that empower smart decision-making and innovation,” she said. “However, current risks show no sign of stabilizing, and this highly uncertain environment will require risk leaders to lean on each other, share experiences, and embrace diverse thoughts and perspectives to successfully address them.
“RIMS is an invaluable platform for risk management collaboration, and I am honored to help ensure that it continues to deliver opportunities that unite, inspire, and build a safer, more resilient world.”
Officers on RIMS 2023 Board of Directors
President: Jennifer Santiago, RIMS-CRMP, ARM, MBA; Director, Risk Management and Safety, Wakefern Food Corp.
- President: Jennifer Santiago, RIMS-CRMP, ARM, MBA; Director, Risk Management and Safety, Wakefern Food Corp.
- Vice President: David E. Arick, ARM; Assistant Treasurer, Global Risk Management, International Paper Company.
- Treasurer: Kristen Peed, RIMS-CRMP, AIC, ARM-E, CPCU, CRM, RPLU; Director of Corporate Risk Management, CBIZ, Inc.
- Secretary: Kevin Bates; Group Head of Risk & Insurance, Lendlease.
- Penni Chambers; Vice President, Risk Management, Hillwood a Perot Company.
- Tina Gardiner; Manager, Risk Management Services, The Regional Municipality of York (Ontario).
- Christy Kaufman, CPCU; Vice President of Risk Management, Zillow Group.
- John Kline, CPCU, ARM; Director, Risk & Insurance Management, Discover Financial Services.
- Manuel Padilla; ARM, AIC, SPPA, CPRM, Vice President, Risk Management & Insurance, MacAndrews & Forbes Incorporated.
- Christie Weinstein; Director, Risk Management, Honeywell International Inc.
- Ex Officio: Patrick Sterling, SPHR, SHRM-SCP; Vice President, Legendary People, Texas Roadhouse.