Sanal Kumar Sasidharan is an Indian poet, lawyer and filmmaker. He’s identified for guiding the movie ‘Horny Durga’ in 2017 which obtained worldwide recognition.
Sanal Kumar Sasidharan was born on Friday, 8 April 1977 (age 45 years; as of 2022) in Perumkadavila village, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. His zodiac signal is Aries. He attended three colleges, Perumkadavila Lpbs, Thiruvananthapuram, Govt Hss Marayamuttom Excessive College, Thiruvananthapuram and Christian Faculty, Kattakada. He pursued a Bachelor of Science in Zoology at VTMNSS Dhanuvachapuram, Kerala and a Bachelor of Legal guidelines at Authorities Legislation Faculty, Thiruvananthapuram.
Top (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Black
Dad and mom & Siblings
Sanal’s father’s title is Sasidharan, and his mom’s title is Sarojam. He has one sister.
Spouse & Youngsters
Sanal bought married to Sreeja Suseela, who’s an advocate. They’ve two sons. The title of one among her sons is Kailasapathi Sanal.
Non secular Views
He considers himself an atheist.
He resides at Melathil, MRA-35, Plancherry Lane, Punnapuram, Vallakadavu, Thiruvananthapuram-695008.
Sanal made his debut in movies as an artwork assistant within the Malayalam movie Mankolangal in 2000. He directed different quick movies together with Parole (2008), Frog (2012), Ozhivudivasathe Kali (2015), Chola (2019), and Vazhakku (2021).
Sanal Kumar Sasidharan attracted controversy on 6 Might 2022 when actress Manju Warrier filed an FIR towards him for blackmailing her and defaming her popularity by way of social media. After her grievance, Sanal was arrested by the police from Parassala in Thiruvananthapuram. When police had been arresting him, he went stay on Fb and informed his followers that the police had been making an attempt to kidnap and kill him.
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- He received the Hivos Tiger Award at Worldwide Movie Competition Rotterdam in 2017.
- He received the Golden Apricot Award at Yerevan Worldwide Movie Competition in 2017.
- In 2017, he received the award for the Finest Worldwide Function at Guanajuato Worldwide Movie Competition, Mexico.
- He received the Disruptor Award on the Indian Movie Competition of Melbourne in 2021.
- He received the Jury Point out For Path at Valencia Worldwide Movie Competition Cinema Jove in 2017.
- He received the Kerala State Movie Award for Finest Movie on the 2015 Kerala State Movie Awards.
- He received the Finest Director award on the 2014 Kerala State Movie Awards.
- He received the Particular Jury award within the John Abraham Awards 2014.
- He received the Particular Jury point out within the Aravindan Puraskaram 2014.
- He received the Mohan Raghavan award for Finest director in 2014.
- In 2021, he obtained the IFFM Disruptor Award on the Indian Movie Fest of Melbourne.
- Sanal follows a non-vegetarian food regimen.
- His hobbies embrace travelling and pictures.
- He adopted Hinduism when he was a toddler. He used to recite all of the verses from the Sunderkanda of the Ramayana.
- He took admission in Zoology as a result of his father needed him to change into a health care provider. After finishing his commencement, he informed his father about his curiosity in filmmaking, however his father denied and that’s the reason he took admission to regulation.
- Whereas learning in regulation faculty, he was linked to politics. He was the unit secretary of Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP), a scholar group related to the Bharatiya Janata Get together. Within the final 12 months of his commencement, he left the celebration and began criticizing the Bharatiya Janata Get together.
- In 2001, he shaped a movie society, Kazhcha Chalachithra Vedi, for crowdfunding. He has directed three quick movies and one function movie by way of crowdfunding.
- In an interview, he talked concerning the time when he began his profession as a filmmaker. He mentioned,
I had no thought methods to make a movie and methods to discover a producer. I used to be keenly watching these sorts of movie society actions, the Odessa movie motion. I learn books about John Abraham, about his parallel method of filmmaking and his philosophy of the “individuals’s cinema.” However I wasn’t following all this virtually. Then I attempted to make a movie alone and approached lots of people, however nobody was keen to supply it.”
- In 2017, his movie Horny Durga turned the primary Indian movie to win the Hivos Tiger Award at Worldwide Movie Competition Rotterdam.
- In an interview, he mentioned that he writes fifteen to twenty pages of script for his actors. He additional added,
A location offers a whole lot of inputs. My scripts are often simply 10-15 pages. Ahr Kayattam’s script itself isn’t greater than 25 pages. So, there may be a whole lot of house for the situation and artistes to contribute. It’s mainly as a result of I’m somebody who likes to view cinema in a religious aircraft. That’s one thing that I’ve understood from expertise. I’ve all the time felt that cinema offers you extra vitality than you set in. My fashion is to look at and file that.”
- In 2016, he made a tweet about badminton participant P.V Sindhu after she received her second silver medal at Olympics 2016. His tweet was The tweet that he made in Malayalam was condemned by many individuals. He wrote, ‘Everyone seems to be celebrating Sindhu’s achievement now. What if I spit on this? What’s there to rejoice a lot about it?’
- In 2017, the title of his movie Horny Durga was modified to S Durga by the Central Board of Movie Certification (CBFC). The group claimed that the title of the movie was inappropriate. Sanal filed a writ petition earlier than the Kerala excessive courtroom towards the group. In an interview, he talked about this and mentioned,
That is how right-wing politics works. They needn’t even watch a murals to place a ban on it. Prejudice is part of their politics. It’s the similar sort of judgment they all the time have towards the opposite. You could possibly be thrashed or killed merely for rising a beard, regardless of who you might be or what you do. They’d not even trouble asking earlier than attacking you. That is quintessential fascism, isn’t it?”
- In an interview, he revealed that the movie ‘Kayyattam’ (2020), was shot on an iPhone within the Himalayas.
- In 2019, he eliminated his movie, ‘Chola’ from the Worldwide Movie Competition of Kerala (IFFK) as a result of he thought that the occasion was biased. In an interview, he talked concerning the elimination of his movie and mentioned,
Chola has been invited to the Kaleidoscope part within the twenty fourth IFFK. I’m a lot humbled by the invitation however I’ve despatched a mail stating that I’m withdrawing the movie from the competition, protesting towards its overtly biased and unprofessional method of choice course of within the Malayalam Cinema At present part. I imagine that, it could be enormous irresponsibility from my half to take part within the competition which is brazenly biased and outdated in its choice course of.”
- He’s usually featured in numerous newspapers.
- He’s usually noticed having fun with alcoholic drinks on numerous events.
- He’s an avid canine lover and sometimes posts footage of them on social media.