Shreya Basu is an Indian singer who rose to fame after posting her video singing the Hindi song ‘Mere Dholna’ at 3 AM on Instagram. In 2016, she became one of the finalists in the Indian reality show ‘The Voice India Kids.’
Shreya Basu was born on Thursday, 23 March 2006 (age 16 years; as of 2022) in Delhi. Her zodiac sign is Aries. She did her schooling at the Indian Public School in Dehradun, Uttrakhand. When Shreya was 2 years old, she used to patiently sit beside his brother while he practised singing. At the age of 3, she began learning classical music from her guru Shri Mahesh Bharti.
Height (approx.): 5′ 2″
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is Tarun Basu and her mother’s name is Anita Basu. Shreya has a brother named Siddharth Basu.
Shreya Basu follows Hinduism.
Singing Reality TV shows
In 2015, Shreya won second prize in the singing competition TV show titled ‘i-genius Young Singing Stars’ in which Salim Merchant was one of the judges.
When Shreya was 10 years old, she participated in the Indian singing reality competition TV series titled The Voice of Kids (2016), which aired on &TV. During the blind auditions, her performance was highly appreciated by the judges, Shekhar Ravjiani, Shaan, and Neeti Mohan. While referring to the well-known singer Shreya Ghoshal, Shekhar Ravjiani complimented Shreya Basu and said,
I know the older Shreya (Ghoshal) and today I met little Shreya (Basu) too.”
Shreya reached the Semi-Finals; however, she remained one of the six finalists of the competition.
In 2021, Shreya participated in Indian Idol- season 12. Unfortunately, after her performance in the second round of auditions, she wasn’t selected for further consideration.
Viral Instagram Reel
On 10 November 2022, Shreya posted a video of her singing the Hindi song ‘Mere Dholna’ from the Bollywood film titled Bhool Bhulaiyaa (2007) at 3 AM in the basement of her building. The video has received more than 17M views and many popular Instagram pages have also reposted it.
- Song(s): Sathee Re Bhul Na Jana Meraa Pyar by Asha Bhosle
- Shreya lent her voice to the title track of the popular TV series titled Gali Gali Sim Sim, which aired on Cartoon Network, POGO, and DD1.
- Apart from being a talented singer, Shreya also likes to paint.
- Shreya is a pet lover and has shared photos with several cats on her social media.
- In 2014, Shreya was selected along with 19 other singers at the FICCI auditorium in Delhi, to pay tribute to Mohammed Rafi. The show was telecasted on DD1.
- She received first prize in a singing competition Khoj Sitaron Ki held at Sur Sangam Kala Kendra in Delhi, India and received the award from Pandit Mani Prasad & Bhajan singer Piyusha Kalash.