Achieving a clear, toned, and balanced complexion is everyone’s dream! Unfortunately, achieving a clear & healthy complexion is not so easy for people with oily skin. Their day starts with worrying about an extra shiny face and ends with finding solutions for clogged pores and acne breakouts. But let’s not panic!
The solution to your oily skin problems lies with the often ignored skin care step – toning. From balancing the skin’s pH levels to regulating oil production and managing breakouts, the right toner can be a game-changer for people with oily skin.
In this blog, we will tell you all about choosing the best toner for oily skin and recommend our favourite oil-control toner. So, let’s dig in!
There was a time when toners were popular amongst people with oily skin to control excess oil and achieve a toned complexion. But gradually, they lost their significance because of the presence of alcohol that left the skin dehydrated. But thanks to the emphasis on natural beauty care in the last few years, finding an alcohol-free toner is not difficult these days!
Being mindful of the ingredients is critical in choosing the perfect oily skin toner. Here are a few factors that should be on your checklist:
- Alcohol-Free: While we do not recommend alcohol-based toners for any skin type, they are a big no-no for oily skin (and sensitive skin).
Alcohol can dry out the skin by stripping the skin of its natural oils. It makes your skin oilier as it produces more oil to compensate for the moisture loss. Alcohol-based toners can also result in premature ageing.
- Natural: Chemicals and harsh ingredients can damage the skin’s protective barrier and make it more vulnerable to skin problems. Stick to natural face toners that are mild yet effective.
- Oil-Balancing: If you have oily skin, you must choose an oil control toner. Look for ingredients that control excess oil without removing natural oils from the skin and help reduce acne breakouts.
- Non-Comedogenic: Overproduction of sebum can clog your pores and make them appear enlarged. So, what do you need? A pore-tightening toner for oily skin. A non-comedogenic toner helps shrink large facial pores.
Recommended Non-Comedogenic Toner for Oily Skin
Considering all the above points, we set on a mission to find the best toner for oily skin. And we’re glad to report that we were successful!
Blossom Kochhar Aroma Magic Aromatic Skin Toner is everything we were looking for! It checks all our boxes and is also affordable. It is a 100% natural face toner enriched with essential oils that tightens the pores and helps restore your skin’s pH balance.
Here are some ingredients of Aromatic Skin Toner & the miracles they perform for oily skin:
- Witch Hazel extracts: Witch Hazel is a great ingredient to have in an oil control toner. It is a natural astringent and helps control excess sebum production. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that help treat redness, itching, and skin inflammation.
- Lavender essential oil: Lavender essential oil is a powerhouse of antimicrobial properties and can help remove acne-causing bacteria. It is non-comedogenic and prevents pore clogging. Combined with Witch Hazel extracts, it can perform miracles for oily skin.
- Pomegranate extracts: Pomegranates are a good source of vitamin C, which has antibacterial properties. Like Lavender essential oil, Pomegranate extracts can also help fight acne-causing bacteria and cause breakouts.
- Peppermint essential oil: Peppermint essential oil can help regulate oil production and prevent your pores from getting clogged.
A powerful blend of essential oils & other potent natural ingredients makes Aroma Magic Aromatic Skin Toner the perfect toner for open pores and oily skin.
Another toner you can check out is Aroma Magic Neem & Tea Tree Toner – Niacinamide. A part of their Neem & Tea Tree Range, this alcohol-free face toner is a god-send gift for anyone with oily & acne-prone skin. It is a pore reducing toner that soothes skin irritations and keeps your skin soft with the help of its antioxidant properties.
If you have been skipping toner in your oily skin care routine, this blog post is your cue to reconsider. An alcohol-free oily skin toner can help you achieve the clear & balanced complexion that you’ve also dreamed of.