Vaishali Takkar (1992-2022) was an Indian television actress who was popular for playing the role of Anjali Bharadwaj in the television show ‘Sasural Simar Ka’ (2011). She died on 16 October 2022 in Indore by committing suicide.
Vaishali Takkar was born on Wednesday, 15 July 1992 (age 30 years; at the time of death) in Indore. Her zodiac sign was Cancer. She pursued a bachelor of science degree in electronic media at the Educational Multimedia Research Center, Indore.
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): 34-25-35
Parents & Siblings
Vaishali’s father’s name is H.B. Takkar. Her mother’s name is Annu Takkar. She has one brother, Neeraj Takkar.
Vaishali got engaged to Dr Abhinandan Singh, a dental surgeon from Kenya on 26 April 2021. Her fiance was titled Mr Uganda in 2011-12. After their engagement in April, it was reported that their marriage was to take place in June, but later, she informed her fans through social media that she decided not to get married to him. In an interview, she talked about how she decided to marry Abhinandan and said,
This is going to be an arranged marriage. We met on a matrimonial site and started talking. During the lockdown last year my mom just in a fun way, jokingly made my profile and she was like let’s get you married. Arranged marriage was never in my mind. But it is happening. My mom created my profile and since during the lockdown I didn’t have the option of going out and finding the love of my life, I thought it’s fine if I find it through a matrimonial site.”
According to various media reports, she was in a relationship with actor, Kabeer Kumar.
Vaishali followed Hinduism.
Vaishali made her acting debut in 2015 with the show ‘Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai’ and played the role of Sanjana Singh.
She appeared in other television shows Yeh Hai Aashiqui (2016), Super Sisters (2018), Vish Ya Amrit: Sitara (2018-2019), Manmohini 2 (2019-2020), and Rakshabandhan (2021-2022).
Before her death, she was last seen in the show ‘Rakshabandhan… Rasal Apne Bhai Ki Dhal’ as Kanak Shivraj Pratap Singh Thakur in 2021.
In 2019, she appeared in the film ‘Diary of Mary Gomez’ and played the role of Naina. In 2021, she appeared in the short film ‘The Next Ball’ opposite Amit Gaur.
On 16 October 2022, it was reported that she died after committing suicide in Indore. It was further reported that her father found her body in her bedroom. The police further informed that a suicide note was found in her bedroom in which she mentioned that she was harassed by her former boyfriend.
- Athlete(s): Sania Mirza (Indian tennis player), John Cena (American professional wrestler)
- Book: The Magic of Thinking Big by David J. Schwartz
- She followed a vegetarian diet.
- Her hobbies included travelling, dancing, and partying.
- She won the title of ‘Miss Most Beautiful’ in a beauty pageant during her modelling days.
- In 2016, she took to social media to clarify a story, ‘Hate Story’ posted by a media house. The story showed a catfight between Vaishali and Hina Khan. In the social media post, she said,
I was having a fun chat with my director about my previous show Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai. I was sharing how in few scenes my character Sanju and Akshara (Hina Khan) had some issues and we had lot of fighting sequences. And minutes later, I had a scene with Simar (Dipika Kakar), wherein I had to get furious and throw her out of my house. My director in a fun mood said that imagine you are acting with Hina in front of you. He actually meant to say Akshara.”
- In 2018, she contributed to aiding people suffering from the Kerala floods. In an interview, she talked about this and said,
As soon as I got the news, I searched for the authorised people who I can send my contribution to. And I am also personally raising funds from friends and family to help out. I feel that whatever we do for the victims is less compared to the tragedies that they are witnessing every day.”
- In 2019, she learned the Uttar Pradesh accent to play the role in the show ‘Manmohini.’
- In 2020, she shared a picture with actor Sushant Singh Rajput and consolidated his death and stated that he was murdered. In an interview, she talked about this and said,
I feel it’s a teamwork. It’s not just one person who has done this. I don’t know how long the trail is but definitely there are more people involved. I also think that the real culprits are hiding behind Rhea. She is definitely responsible for pushing him at the edge, that people are easily believing that he committed suicide.”
- In 2020, she shared a picture of herself on Instagram performing the twenty years difference challenge.
- She was often spotted drinking and smoking hookah on various occasions.