Seasonal and active boaters find common ground on the quality of boating parts. Neither party settles for inferior quality boating parts. This is crucial for a quality boating experience and for increasing the life of the boat. Boat parts from PartsVu are crafted with superior quality materials. Since a quality boat part goes a long way, it is crucial to invest properly in these. Boating essentials cover boat parts as well as accessories used for safety. For this article, we will concentrate on the essential boating parts. These include batteries, fuel plugs, motors, lights, lubricants, anchors, and many more!
Battery essentials for boats
The powering mechanism of boats varies depending upon the type of boat. However, certain battery essentials are mandatory for all boats. The batteries used for boats are called marine batteries. These are designed differently than automobile batteries. For this reason, it is smart to not mistake the two. The are three main types of marine batteries available on the market. These are differentiated by their usage.
- Starting batteries for boats:
As the name indicates, these batteries are used to start the boats. These are designed specially to fulfill this purpose. They do so by launching a series of energy spurts that are powerful enough to start the boat. Since the battery is designed for this specific purpose, it is advised to avoid its usage for other purposes. These can be recharged 50- 60 times before they run out.
- Deep cycle batteries for long usage:
Deep-cycle batteries last longer than marine start-up batteries. They are designed for motor trolling and other related functions. The reason behind the title deep cycle is that these batteries are charged after their 20% charge is consistent. These efficient charges increase the battery life. For this reason, these batteries can be charged several hundred times. Usually, they are used in fish locators, audio powering devices, and other appliances used on the boat. Just as the marine batteries are specific to their usage, the Deep cycle batteries are too. Thus, they should not be interchanged for the startup marine batteries. The general lifespan of these batteries is around 5- 7 years. However, proper usage and frequent maintenance may extend this life up to ten years.
- Dual-purpose batteries: As indicated by the name, dual-purpose batteries are used for both aims- startup and deep cycle. Purchasing these save the boater from investing in two individual marine batteries. In addition to this, a dual-purpose battery saves space as well that would have been otherwise occupied by two batteries. However, since these batteries perform two purposes, they are less efficient than the two individual batteries. , it is prudent to know the boat’s needs and preferences before purchasing. If space is an issue, buying dual-purpose batteries may compromise the efficiency of usage. Apart from this, the lifespan of these batteries is less as well.
Apart from the marine batteries, there are other battery essentials used onboard. These include switches, sockets, plugs, ties, tapes, connectors, circuit breakers, and fuses. These are used according to the needs of the boats. The efficient and top-notch quality boat parts from PartsVu are in high demand.
Marine pumps and plugs- plumbing system of boats
Marine pumps are a broad category united by their purpose- usage on ships. They are used to transfer fluids and sludge from and to the ships. This includes drinking water, sewage water, and lubricants. However, the marine pumps are distinct in their design and operation. For this reason, it is important to know about the types of pumps in the markets and their usage. Let us look at the most common pumps that trend in the boating world!
- Centrifugal pump: As denoted by the name, centrifugal pumps are used to build pressure in the marine piping system. This aids in moving the fluids across that piping efficiently. These are mainly used in pipes that passed fluids against gravity. Moreover, the size of the pump decides the amount of pressure being built. This determines the speed with which that fluid is moved. It works by drawing energy from an engine/ machine it is attached to.
- Gear pump: The purpose of gear pumps is the same as centrifugal pumps. However, it is their mode of work that differentiates them from their counterpart. Unlike centrifugal marine pumps, the gear pumps use a gear mesh to pump fluids. They do so by displacement. For this reason, they can only fill/ take out a fixed amount of fluid per revolution. Depending upon the boat tank of fluid storage this may be an advantage or a drawback. Thus, it is prudent to know the need of your boat before purchasing the boating parts!
- Screw pump: Screw pumps are used to transfer fluids of boats. Its working is controlled by several screws that move to pump the fluids. While these are popular, their installation may be costly
Since many of the boats are used for leisure, it is important to have the best possible equipment onboard. These include seats on the boats as well. For those who give importance to the comfort of the boat, choosing the perfect boat seats can be a daunting task. However, accurate knowledge can make this task easy. Both the materials and seat shapes decide the comfort offered by these. The material choice is usually associated with the padding used on the boat. A better-padded seat will offer more comfort. While some of the paddings are fitted with the seats, they can be added as well. These cushions are replaceable. This makes the cleaning easy as well. Thus, all the pros and cons should be weighed against the boater’s need to decide the ideal boat parts for them. The boat parts from PartsVu offer a wide range of boat parts to choose from.
Let’s discuss the seat types usually used for boats. These include fold-down boat seats, boat chairs, pro seats, jump boat seats, bucket boat seats, leaning posts, benches, lounge seats, and swing-back seats. The space available in the boats also guides this decision.