Amit Jain is an Indian entrepreneur who is famous for being the CEO and CoFounder of the CarDekho group.
Amit Jain was born on Saturday, 12 November 1977 (age 45 years; as of 2022) in Jaipur, Rajasthan. His zodiac sign is Scorpio. He attended St. Xavier’s Senior Secondary School, Jaipur. He pursued a bachelor’s degree in technology at the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
The name of his father is not known. He died in 2006. His mother was a homemaker. He has a younger brother Anurag Jain, who is also a co-founder of CarDekho along with Amit.
Wife & Children
Amit is married to Pihu Jain who works at Girnar Software Pvt Ltd. They have two sons.
In 1998, after completing his engineering, he started working as a software engineer at Tata Consultancy Services. In the year 2000, he started working in the software development company, Trilogy and worked on the website www.YourBillBuddy.com there. He worked there for seven years. In 2006, he opened a small office in his home garage and incorporated the software GirnarSoft along with his brother Anurag. In 2008, after attending the Auto Expo in New Delhi, they decided to start the CarDekho portal where they provided users with the right information and review of cars. In 2015, their ventures grew and they started other portals including BikeDekho, CollegeDekho, Gaadi.com and Zigwheels. In 2022, he appeared as a judge on the television show ‘Shark Tank 2.’
- Book: Great by Choice by James C. Collins
- Song: Ain’t No Mountain High Enough by Marvin Gaye
- In 2006, he and his brother left their jobs and went back to their hometown to look after his father who was suffering from cancer. In the initial days in Jaipur, they worked on their father’s gemstone business.
- When they started their business, they faced a lot of problems. In 2009, they lost around Rs. 1 crore in stocks and had no funds to even pay their employees.
- In 2013, an American-based company, Sequoia Capital extended funds to their company.
- In 2016, he attended an event SURGE held in Bengaluru and gave a speech there.
- In 2022, their company started a new venture where they gave loans to people who wanted to buy old cars. In an interview, Amit talked about this venture and said,
For new cars, there are so many agencies for loans. But that was not the case for used cars. That gave us the idea of creating a platform with 15 agencies dealing with loans. At the back end, we tied up with banks and in the front, we joined hands with dealers. Earlier, the loan approval rate for used cars was 40 per cent. But with so many people to lend to, it shot up to 75 per cent. From 12-15 days approval, we reduced it to 3 days using technology.”
- He is often spotted smoking cigarettes on various occasions.