Anand Deverakonda is an Indian actor, who mainly works in Telugu films. He is the younger brother of the South Indian actor Vijay Deverakonda.
Anand Deverakonda was born on Monday, 16 March 1992 (age 30 years; as of 2022) in Hyderabad, India. His hometown is in Thummanpeta, Balmoor Mandal of Mahbubnagar District, Telangana. His zodiac sign is Pisces. He did his schooling at Sri Sathya Sai Higher Secondary School Puttaparthi, Andhra Pradesh.
He then pursued a Bachelor of Science (BS) in Electronics Engineering Technology Avionics (2010-2014) from Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology, New York. From 2014 to 2015, he pursued Masters in Technology Management from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Illinois, US.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Parents & Siblings
His father, Deverakonda Govardhana Rao, used to work as a television serial director. His mother, Deverakonda Madhavi, works as a soft skill & personality developer trainer. His elder brother, Vijay Deverakonda, is an actor and film producer.
While Anand was pursuing his graduation, he worked as a trainee at GMR Aero Technic, Hyderabad, Telangana. He then started working at his mother’s personality development school ‘At Speak Eazy.’ He worked there as a business development intern. In October 2013, Anand joined Amazon Development Centre, Hyderabad as a senior associate and worked there for almost 7 months. He then got a job offer from Deloitte in Chicago as a consultant. He accepted the offer and worked there for more than 2 years.
In 2019, he debuted as an actor in the Telugu film ‘Dorasaani’ in which he played the role of Raju.
He then acted in a few Telugu films such as ‘Middle Class Melodies’ (2020), ‘Pushpaka Vimanam’ (2021), and ‘Highway’ (2022).
- Film: No Country For Old Men (2007)
- Anand’s family and friends lovingly call him Chinnuuu.
- He once attended a theatre group named Sutradhar in Hyderabad.
- During an interview, Anand talked about developing an interest in acting. He said,
Irrespective of that Vijay and I were always around someone in the family who was so interested in acting and cinema. Our father would get us DVDs of English cinema and world cinema and we would be watching this stuff in our holidays. I think that caught an inherent interest in cinema.”
- He has won Zine Cine Award for Best Male Debut for his Telugu film ‘Dorasaani’ (2019).
- In 2020, he invested in a restaurant named “Good Vibes Only Cafe” which is owned by one of his friends.
- In an interview, Anand’s brother Vijay shared that during his struggling phase as an actor, Anand supported him financially. Vijay said,
Back when I was in Standard IV, Anand was in Standard I in the same school. On the first day of his school, he came running to my classroom and pointed at me to his teacher. Since he was crying inconsolably, the teacher let him sit with me for some time. That day, I was heart-broken to see him weep so much. Since then, he has been tailing me wherever I go. I was in trials for acting opportunities, after the completion of Engineering, he joined Amazon as an intern. he was an early starter in earning money. Anand went on to work for Deloitte in the US and provided us with a breather. When he called us from the US and said he got a job at Deloitte, our family was elated.”
- Anand drinks alcohol occasionally.
- He loves to play games and listen to music in his leisure time.
- He is a dog lover and has two pet dogs named Storm Deverakonda and Chester.