Tractor implements have become a critical component of modern agriculture. Using this, farmers can easily enhance their efficiency and effectiveness. One of the primary reasons behind the low income and productivity of Indian farmers is their resistance towards adopting tractor implements. Modern agricultural demands have changed when compared to past times. You will have to change with time to keep producing high-quality crops. Implements are one of the first steps towards farm mechanization. It only saves time and money but also enhances agricultural efficiency. Implements exist for the comfort of the producers. Without implements, a tractor is practically useless for a field. Farmers can get more out of their farms using innovative products. As the country is facing a labour shortage, implements have become a great tool to carry out different tasks without manual labour.
Top Implements for You
Implements cannot be ignored in this fast-moving world as more and more output is demanded by farmers. They can enhance their efficiency as the low income and productivity of Indian farmers is because of a lack of implements in farms. If you want to get more out of your farm, innovative machinery must be used. Suitable farm mechanization will resolve labour issues rampant across India. There is a variety of forms and functions of tractor implements. Farmers use implements when the cultivation starts, in mid-season and during crop harvesting. In addition, varying kinds of farm implements are available for ploughing different types of soil. It reduces labour and time put on the field and ensures that the farming operation is efficiently completed. Tractor implements may be confusing for beginners. This section will discuss the best tractor implements that are productive for Indian farmers.
- Front-loaders: Front loaders are amongst the most critical implements for Indian farmers. They have a wide bucket at the front attached with two arms to pick up materials like gravel, sand and debris from the field. Essentially it helps move materials from one place to another. Operating on fields comes with specific challenges regarding the removal of waste. One key issue is the enormous amounts of rubble and dirt that cannot be moved manually. Thus, there is a need for a front loader tractor to move materials easily and quickly. The durability of a front-end loader is very high and, therefore, can be used during harvesting when the waste is produced in large quantities.
- Planter: A planter is employed for sowing seeds in rows on farms. This tractor implement can plant big-size seeds, which is usually not possible with a seed drill. In addition, it ensures that the seeds are distanced evenly across the field. Due to this, a proper seedbed is developed where weeds do not grow. One of the best things about a planter is its adjustable width. Thus, the planter width can be changed per farmers’ requirements. Evenly-spaced rows are neat and make farm maintenance easier. Farmers need to make effective use of available space to improve their productivity. Selecting a planter will also depend on the crop type.
- Rotavators: These tractor implements are also called rotary tillers. It helps in preparing the seed bed by ploughing the field. Rotavator removes and mixes residual sugarcane, wheat and maize. It not only saves energy, time, cost and fuel but also enhances soil health. Before planting seeds in the field, breaking, churning and aerating soil is needed. In addition, it breaks down the ground to level the field. It saves costs for farmers as a lesser amount of time and fuel is spent by farmers. Soil preparation is time-taking, but you can turn your operations more efficiently using a suitable rotavator.
- Harrows: When the ploughing is done, farmers need to break up the soil to smoothen it. Harrows are used for uprooting weeds, breaking up crop residues and pulverizing the soil. This implement makes the surface uniform while aerating it properly. Farmers benefit through the elimination of weeds. They must choose a harrow based on their needs and soil type. For example, they can only need the implement for soil levelling or for removing crop residue. Mahindra is known for making the most popular harrows in India. They employ the latest technology to provide top-quality material at an affordable price. You can also mix manure using harrows.
- Cultivators: Another critical tool for soil preparation is the cultivator. These tractor implements loosen the soil by pulverizing it. A harrow stirs the entire soil surface, while a cultivator does it in a pattern. It means that these tractor implements spare the plants but remove the weeds. Thus, the actual crop does not get destroyed. It has an excellent tractor implement for secondary tillage making the soil more nutritious and fertile for the crops. It has a frame with multiple teeth to dig the land and move the nutrients deep inside to the field’s surface.
- Roto Seed Drill: This tractor implement is a mix of seed drill and rotary tiller. They are employed for sowing different seeds like barley and wheat. Farmers find them easy to handle and operate. It prevents seed wastage through a metering system and facilitates improved germination. It has separate containers for fertilizer and seeds, thus saving time for farmers. In addition, it mixes the crop residue to fertilize the land even more. A top-quality implement can work perfectly in extreme weather conditions. Also, their performance and durability are ensured via the use of tough materials.
- Baler: This tractor implement is known for cutting and compressing crops into bales to be stored or transported. Tractor baler is a great innovation that has significantly reduced farmers’ workload. Bales serve several purposes as a source of animal feeders, biogas, packaging and generating electricity. Balers can appear differently based on the bale type and size they make. It makes storing crop residue easier as bales take up less space. You can choose from various balers available in the market, such as vertical balers, horizontal balers and round balers. These implements produce an economic benefit for farmers.
Interesting Related Article: “How important sprayers are for a farming business“