– Advertisement –
Recently, modular and sectional sofas have become very popular among families and several offices. Because of their size and convenience and the fact that they can fit many people on them have increased their popularity exponentially!
But what exactly are both of these sofas? Both types of sofas are similar because they have two different connecting pieces forming a bigger sofa.
A modular sofa consists of various moveable pieces, known as modules. Depending on what best suits your requirements, you can design a sofa using these modules in various ways, such as arm or chaise pieces. Depending on the available space, you can choose from various options.
And what is a sectional sofa? These items are upholstered pieces of furniture with two or more connected seating portions. In addition to stationary chairs, sectional sofas may have one or more power-reclining seats. Sectional sofas are available in various arrangements to accommodate various room designs and tastes.
You must be wondering if both types of sofas have a few pieces which can be put together to make a bigger sofa, then why are they different? Well, modular sofas and sectional sofas have a couple of differences that you need to understand to decide which one of these is better for your home needs.
HOW ARE BOTH THE SOFAS DIFFERENT?
We will discuss a few pointers that make the difference between the types of sofas clear. Although a modular sofa is also a sectional sofa, many factors make it different.
THE DIFFERENCE IN ASSEMBLING
Perhaps the most important factor that makes modular sofas stand out from other groups of sectional sofas is how they can be assembled. While reading this, you must have thought about what rocket science is related to sofa assembly. But we must tell you that this is exactly why the sofas are so different.
- Modular sofas are manufactured in a way that makes them very versatile. You can easily rearrange them in the way you like; you can change the setting of your lounge and give it a new look. The feature that enables you to do it is that the back and the base of each component of modular sofas are made of the same height and length. So no matter how you want to place them, you can easily do it.
- On the other hand, sectional sofas come in large parts, which look good in bigger living rooms. You have limited liberty to change the sofa setting the way you like to make your space look better. They are usually kept as they are made. In this case, modular sofas are a better option because they are broken into smaller components, and you can style your living room the way you want.
Compared to sectional sofas, they are better suited to confined spaces because the size of the sectional components may be adjusted.
If you are interested in knowing more about modular sofa Canada, you should check out our website and decide which option is the best for your home.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF USING A MODULAR SOFA?
The biggest benefit of buying a modular sofa set is that you can easily customize your home setting the way you want. Along with this, a couple of other benefits make them stand out. We will be listing a few of these below.
- Flexibility: Modular sofas offer great flexibility because you may customize the parts’ size and shape to match your space properly. The modular sofa can be set up to maximize all available space if you have an uncomfortable or empty space.
- Convenient: Modular sofas are, without a doubt, the simplest sofas to have delivered because of their modules. Because of the individual boxes, modular sofas are also packaged individually in smaller boxes, making it very convenient to bring them up to your apartments without having to worry about the long stairs or anything.
- They allow customization: With a modular couch, you may select the type of fabric, the size, and the shape of your sofa, whether you want a corner or chaise piece, one color, two colors, or even numerous colors. You have countless options for creating your ideal sofa.
- They are comfortable and look very modern: Since modular sofas are perfect for modern, urban homes, their popularity is quickly rising, so you can be sure that they will remain fashionable for many years. Additionally, these sofas are renowned for being comfy, particularly if they contain a chaise, ottoman, or corner for you to rest your feet.
- You can easily replace parts: In contrast to a typical sofa, if a portion is scratched or damaged, you can easily replace that section rather than tossing the entire sofa away and starting the sofa shopping process over again. Due to this, modular couches are significantly more affordable, and you can maintain the couch you adore for an extended period.
- Spacing: Whether your home has a large or small space, you can customize the sofa set accordingly. With modular sofas, you can push back the sofas and leave some space in between if your lounge is big or keep them all together combined if it is small. Both options will help you add better shape to your area.
ADVANTAGES OF A SECTIONAL SOFA
Now that you know the benefits of modular sofas, you also need to know about the benefits of sectional sofas to make an informed decision.
- Maximize seating space: In a smaller living space, a suitable sectional sofa can help you elevate the entire look of your space.
- Comfort: A chaise is a common component of sectional couches. In addition to accommodating many seated guests, this adaptable extension to the sofa may give you a very comfortable area to rest and unwind after a stressful day.
- Visually Appealing: Because one piece of furniture might protrude into the room, sectional sofas create more aesthetic intrigue. When you select a piece with a strong design aesthetic, even more, visual appeal is created.
- Turn them into beds to accommodate guests: Many sectional sofas have a long chaise lounge on which a solitary guest may sleep, but a handful are built with overnight visitors in mind. The seat cushions on many sectional couches are hinged. Each one pulls up to reveal the components required to convert the sofa into a chic guest bed.
- Give casual and welcoming vibes: Sectional sofas, as opposed to sofas and loveseats alone, somehow feel cozier and more welcoming. A sectional is unquestionably the best choice for a space where the entire family will congregate and spend their evenings.
WHICH SOFA TO CHOOSE?
Knowing the advantages of each type of sofa is not enough. It would help if you asked yourself some of the questions that we are telling below to decide which sofa will best suit your home needs.
HOW BIG IS YOUR SPACE?
We know that modular sofas can also be used for smaller living spaces because their pieces can be broken up and kept separately. Keeping them in a smaller space might be difficult with sectional sofas because they can’t be broken into smaller sofas.
IS YOUR STYLE SIMPLE OR NOT?
Modular sofas give very modern, simplistic, aesthetic vibes, making them perfect for everyone. However, it would help if you still asked this question before deciding which sofa you want.
Lastly, it depends on your specific needs and budget, which help you make the decision! Talk to a specialist at Q Living Furniture for complimentary design services.
– Advertisement –