Are you facing issues with your dryer? Is it not that effective anymore? Don’t worry; it can be a blockage in your dryer duct that needs immediate cleaning. So, you don’t need to throw your dryer or washing machine out; you just need time to clean it up effectively. Here are some steps that will guide you throughout this procedure:
Tips to Clean Dryer Vent
Step 1: Remove the Dryer
To clean the inner part of a dryer, you need to disconnect it from the application. Follow these tips to do it:
- Before cleaning, find the vent, which should be easy to find at the rear of the machine. Locate the dryer exhaust vent on the exterior of your property as well.
- Unplugging the dryer is the first step in cleaning a dryer vent. While cleaning, switch off the gas dryer’s supply valve.
- Pull the dryer about a foot away from the wall to begin cleaning the dryer vent.
- Detach the duct from the dryer’s rear. To remove the vent clamp, you may need to use a screwdriver.
Step 2: Vacuum Clean the Vent
- Remove lint from the opening at the rear of the dryer while wearing safety gloves.
- Lint removal from a dryer duct necessitates the use of a vacuum. Clean the hole at the rear of the dryer with the hose attachment of a vacuum cleaner or shop vac.
- Disconnect the length of the duct where it meets the wall if possible. It will be easy to clean.
- Cleaning a duct is simple. Hand-clean the vent and then vacuum the inside. If available, use hose extensions to suction out as much of the duct as possible.
- Remove the outside vent cover and clean it using a vacuum cleaner.
Pro Tip: You can also use a leaf blower to clean the inner side of a vent.
Step 3: Brush it Out
- If you think you can’t clean the lengthy vent with a vacuum cleaner, consider purchasing a dryer vent kit as an alternative approach. These kits include flexible brushes with extensions that you can use similarly to drain snakes to clean the inside walls of the vent fully.
- To clean a dryer duct, insert the brush and slide it back and forth while gently turning it.
- Extend the brush as needed and repeat until the vents are dust and lint-free.
- Inspect the system.
- Determine which opening is at a higher place.
- Start cleaning from there so gravity can help you in this task.
Step 4: Reconnect the Dryer Duct
- After cleaning, examine the ducts to ensure they are not damaged and meet safety standards. If necessary, replace the ducts.
- Reinstall the ducting and vent cover. Seal ductwork portions with UL-listed thin metal duct tape if required.
- Replace the dryer, plug it in, or turn the gas valve back on.
- To test the dryer, run it on the fluff or air dry setting for 15 to 20 minutes to ensure all connections are secure and to remove any leftover debris.
If you think you haven’t cleaned it properly, we suggest hiring professionals that offer 100% guaranteed exhaust vent cleaning services. The experts inspect the issues and fix them immediately.
Quick Tips to Prevent Lint Buildup
- Keep the surrounding area always clean with a regular sweeping routine.
- Remove the filter for lint and clean it for each cycle. This quick and easy action can save your dryer from damage.
- Remove the lint screen and vacuum it regularly. Use the hose attachment for better cleaning.
- Use a scrub brush to remove blockages in the lint screen and vent.
Additionally, keep your dryers clean and ensure no blockages inside. Also, hire experts for detailed dryer vent cleaning at least once a year.
Can You Do It Yourself?
After reading the guide, you may conclude the answer to this question yourself. Yet, if you have a doubt or lack tools and experience, experts are always there to help. A dryer duct is tricky to clean, and you may get stuck in the middle of the procedure. Then, you may find it tough to undo the steps in the middle of the process. So, the best way to do it is to hire professionals with experience and expertise. That’s where we come into the picture.
Epic Duct Cleaning is a licensed company that performs all duct and vent cleaning tasks. We follow a standard procedure with strict guidelines to ensure a safe and effective cleaning treatment. Our customers are our priority, so call us today and see how we can help you with our exhaust vent cleaning services.