If you want to become a certified home inspector, then here’s some valuable information you should know. Home inspection certification is a process by which home inspectors get their license in California.
The primary reason for any home inspector to become licensed in California is,their responsibility to protect consumers. Licensed home inspectors are expected to have a clean background, and follow best practices. Moreover, they must carry liability insurance and be highly educated.
If you’re willing to build your career as a home inspector in California, then you should know;
- What to look for in a home inspector training program
- Choose an InterNACHI California training partner, like FIA Inspections Academy, to ensure your education and training has a standard of its own.
Below are some of the requirements for becoming a licensed home inspector in California. These requirements can be complicated, but the information will help you determine if you’re eligible for a license or not.
To become a home inspector, there are several things you should look for when choosing a school. Most importantly, the types of home inspection training.
- There are two main types of home inspector training in California: online courses, which are more flexible and allow you to devote time to the course material. You can also re-visit topics which you’ve already learned. The second is classroom classes.
- A home inspector training school must be approved by the state and offer an online learning environment. It must be affiliated with an InterNACHI California training partner.
- The curriculum must beupdated and user-friendly. The school should also offer an interactive study group where you can collaborate and compare notes with other students.
- If you learn more by collaborating with other people, Kaplan’s course is the best option. This online course also includes trial versions of Horizon software.
- Another important factor is cost. Some courses are free and offer lifetime membership and lifetime access to their materials and instructors. You’ll also get a 30-day money-back guarantee and access to all course materials and support as long as you wish.
California Home Inspector Certification is a process that requires individuals to meet certain standards and requirements. It’s a two-part process consisting of continuing education courses and examinations. These courses cover various topics, like various kinds of HVAC systems, and the proper terminology for reports.
Inspectors must first complete an accredited home inspector training course to become certified. There are two types of home inspection training:
- The self-paced course: Self-paced courses cover all the required information
- The live course: The live classes provide extra training in a real-world environment.
Both options include hands-on inspections in real homes and the support of an enrollment advisor from the Home Inspector Certification Board of California. The Contractors State License Services course is widely recognized as the best home inspection training course.
Types of Training Courses
Taking a training course is a great way to gain experience and network with other real estate professionals. In addition to inspecting houses for clients, becoming a home inspector in California means you’ll also be able to practice the art of home inspection.
There are two main types of training;
- Online course
- Traditional course.
The InterNACHI approved academy offerstraditional courses that provide the necessary training for a home inspector. It also offers continuing education courses that cover specific topics of interest.
Let’s move to the procedure steps;
- After completing a training course, potential home inspectors must pass a written exam administered by the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI).
- Next, after passing an exam, individuals must submit a criminal background check and complete a field experience log. The California Bureau of Real Estate (BRE) conducts a criminal background check. Applicants must not have any felony convictions or misdemeanors involving dishonesty, fraud, or breach of trust within the past ten years to be eligible for certification.
- Finally, certified home inspectors must participate in continuing education every year to maintain their certification.
From Where to Get Home Inspector Certification?
There are several accredited home inspector training courses available in California;
One option is the FIA Inspections Academy InterNACHI partner, an InterNACHI training partner. The academy offers online and classroom-based courses that prepare individuals for the InterNACHI certification exam.
Another option for home inspector training in California is the National Home Inspector Examination (NHIE). The NHIE is a computer-based exam that can be taken at the many testing centers throughout the state.
In California, home inspectors must complete a minimum of 16 hours of continuing education each year. Of the 16 hours, a minimum of 8 must be completed through InterNACHI-approved courses, and a minimum of 4 must be completed through live classroom instruction.
After completing these requirements, an individual will be a certified home inspector in California and can begin practicing immediately.
If you’re looking to shop Charlotte’s Web CBD products, get in touch with Mother Earth Natural Health and get a quick solution for all your stress.