MetLife has announced that it has been included on the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption’s annual list of America’s most adoption-friendly workplaces. This is the 15th consecutive year MetLife has made the list.
The insurer was recognized for its employee adoption benefits, parental leave and flexible work culture.
“From the beginning of our adoption journey, MetLife supported me in my commitment to grow our family,” said Marcus Munyon, senior business architect at MetLife. “The adoption benefit combined with the leave policy and the flexibility of the workplace told me that MetLife saw me as a whole person and celebrated my growing family as much as I did.”
The Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption and RTI International, an independent, nonprofit research institute, surveyed US employers to compile the list, ranking the top 100 based on three adoption policy criteria: financial reimbursement, paid leave, and percentage of employees eligible for those benefits.
Read next: QBE named adoption-friendly workplace
MetLife reimburses eligible adoption expenses. The company also provides adoptive parents with the same benefits provided to all working families at the company, including:
- Flexible work arrangements such as compressed work weeks, part-time work weeks, job-sharing, virtual work and telecommuting
- Backup childcare for up to 15 days per child per year when regular care is unavailable, along with up to 10% in full-time childcare discounts
- Counseling, concierge services, research and referrals, employee discounts, seminars, and self-assessments through an employee assistance program
- Holistic wellbeing program that provides resources and support in the areas of coping, balance, body, relationships, finance and resilience
- Resources for parents and caregivers, including tutoring and test-prep discounts, a college advising program, elder care guidance, and child behavior expert consultations
Leave a Reply