Micky Makhija is an Indian actor who paved his way into the film industry through TV commercials. He rose to fame after acting in Hindi films like Prem Ratan Dhan Payo, My Name Is Khan, and Krrish 3.
Micky Makhija was born on Friday, 1 March 1968 (age 54 years; as of 2022) in Mumbai. Micky’s original name was Mukesh Makhija until he was two years old. When he was a baby, his mother was travelling with him to Calcutta when they met a Punjabi man who joked and said “Why do you have such a long name (Mukesh) for a little baby, you should call him Micky” and that’s how the name originated.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Hair Colour: grey and white
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Wife & Children
Micky Makhija got married to Amar Makhija in 1981. They have two sons, Sahil and Shome.
Micky Makhija stepped into the Bollywood industry in 2006 starring in the action thriller film ‘Don’ making his debut by playing the character of a doctor.
He was cast in the drama films ‘Rock On!!’ (2008) and ‘Dil Kabaddi’ (2008), and ‘My Name is Khan’ in 2010. Then Micky Makhija appeared in the rom-com film ‘When Harry Tries to Marry’ in 2011.
In the film’ Luv Ka The End,’ he played the character of Mr. Nanda in 2011.
In 2013, Micky was cast in the Hindi rom-com ‘I, Me aur Main,’ and in the drama romance film ‘Ramaiya Vastavaiya.’ In 2020, the film ‘Chappak’ which is based on the true events of an acid attack on a 19-year-old, played by Deepika Padukon, also had Micky Makhija as a Solicitor General.
In 2022, Micky was seen playing the role of a father in the film ‘A Thursday.’
Other than this, Micky was cast in the films Radhe (2021), ‘Silence… Can You Hear It?’ (2021), and Veere Ki Wedding (2018).
Micky Makhija appeared in the Hindi film ‘Moh’ in 2019.
In 2014, Micky Makhija worked in other Hindi films such as Jai Ho, Amit Sahni Ki List, Shaadi Vaadi And All That, and Ungli.
Apart from acting in Bollywood, Micky Makhija also appeared in a Telugu action-comedy film called Khaleja (2010) where he played the role of Dr. Paranji. Micky Makhija played the role of a businessman in the Telugu fantasy film ‘Eega’ in 2012.
Food for Thought is a short film, that premiered on 15 April 2020 and aired on the channel ZEE5, featuring Micky as a father.
Samaaj Ka Constipation was a short film where Micky Makhija appeared
In 2012, Rune productions’ short film ”Neelima – It’s Love, Not Lust” featured Micky Makhija.
Micky Makhija appeared on FilterCopy’s short video called ‘What Dads Say vs. What They Mean’ along with Anant Kaushik.
Micky was cast in the music video of the Hindi song ‘Aaj Sajeya.’
In 2010, Micky worked in the TV series Rishta.com and played the role of Ashok Mirchandani. Then he was cast in the famous crime show ‘Savdhaan India: Crime Alert’ in 2012. In 2014, the Indian TV show ‘Adaalat’ had Micky Makhija as Subodh Pradhan. Mickey was also cast in 2015 in the TV show Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan.
Micky Makhija appeared as a police commissioner in the thriller series ‘The Casino’ (2020) and ‘Miya Biwi Aur Murder’ (2022).
In an Interview, Micky revealed that he first debuted in acting through TV commercial for the car TATA Indigo CS.
The first advertisement that had Micky as a protagonist was by Mirinda.
Since then, he has been featured in various advertisements including ‘Dr. Fixi’t with co-star Amitabh Bachchan, OLX, Mountain Dew, RealMe, ayurvedic products, fitness health oil, YAMAHA bikes, Fru candy, Monte Carlo, etc.
Micky Makhija has also been a part of the print advertisement of Contour Diabetes Solution.
- Sport: Golf and swimming
- Micky likes to read E-Books on Kindle.
- Micky Makhija belongs to a business family. His elder brother was once at the bus stop when a stranger asked him if he wants to model. His brother refused and told him that he should ask his younger brother about the same. On being asked, Micky said yes to the offer.
- According to Micky, he doesn’t like to play mythological roles.
- Apart from his acting career, Micky Makhija teamed up with Divine celebrity management to share personalised wishes for fans through live or recorded videos.
- In 2015, Micky stood against animal cruelty and became a part of the Entourage awareness campaign.
- In 2020, Micky revealed during an interview that while shooting a film called ‘Shoonya,’ the makeup artists had to put prosthetic makeup to create a replica of his face. As they started to put silicon on his face, due to the cotton in his nostrils, he couldn’t breathe and got claustrophobic.