Momo is more than just a snack. Indians love Momo and it is also one of the famous food of Arunachal Pradesh. But on the other hand, when one talks of hygiene, street foods such as Momos are not the best option.
But we have the best solution for you by which you can keep enjoying the unique taste and make your favorite Momos healthy. All you need is the perfect recipe.
So here is how to make Momos:
- Spring Onion
Start with the stuffing.
The stuffing is what makes Momos worth it. Momos are stuffed with different fillings, out of which mixed vegetables and chicken are the favorites. Indians even love the fusion of paneer stuffing with Momos.
On the other hand, if you are going to make Momos for the first time, we will suggest going for the basic vegetable stuffing. Here we have described how to make veg stuffing for your Momos.
- Heat the oil and add garlic and ginger to it. It’s always better if you try to saute them over high flame. On the other hand, keep a check on the texture and color of the garlic. Overheating and burning the garlic will give a solid unpleasant taste to your filling. If you are not a fan of ginger, then you might skip adding it.
- Add onions before the garlic gets wholly caramelized. We want the onions to be cooked evenly for the stuffing. Cook the onions until they turn golden brown.
- Further, you can start adding carrots and cabbage. Remember to use high heat for cooking the veggies. Once you add the cabbage and carrot, you can cook them until they become soft and glossy.
- Now turn off the heat and mix soya sauce, salt, and black pepper. If you like chilli garlic sauce, you can include it in the stuffing. Vinegar or lemon juice is also optional in the step.
And it’s done!
We are ready with the stuffing.
Now in the next step, we will prepare the dough. You can prepare the dough before you start to prepare the stuffing. This might help you later on. All you need is to mix the maida with water. You can use a teaspoon of baking soda to make the dough more fluffy.
- Roll the dough in thin 4″-5″ round shapes.
- Now fill the stuffing by making a pocket with the rolled circle.
- Seal the edges carefully. People use different patterns and designs for sealing the Momo.
Further, all you need is to place the Momo in a steamer for 10-12 minutes, and it’s done. You can enjoy your Momo with special red chili sauce, and to add an Indian tinge, you can even prepare a chili chutney that goes perfectly with the Momos.
Momos are not very hard to make, and with our simple recipe, you can quickly cook Momos at home. Instead of vegetable stuffing, you can even use boiled chicken pieces for making chicken Momos. We hope you liked the recipe.