Low-code application development has had a significant impact on the software development industry. In fact, Gartner predicts that the global low-code development market will grow by 20% in 2023, totaling $26.9 billion. This growth rate is attributed to the many benefits of low-code solutions, including simplified model-driven development, which accelerates app development and digital transformation.
Also, it implies that more low-code development vendors are and will continue to enter the market. Let’s look at the top 10 low-code app development vendors to watch in 2023.
Established in 2005, the Mendix low-code application development platform offers some of the best features that empower your team to build better enterprise applications. From offering built-in templates, logic, connectors, and modules to having new artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities and collaboration tools, Mendix supports fast app development and deployment.
With Mendix, you can develop customer-facing applications, digitize business processes, modernize your legacy systems and automate workflows. The platform’s effectiveness is reflected in the number of applications built, which is more than 200,000 and has served about 4,000 customers.
- 400+ built-in components
- Agile project management
- AI-assisted development
- Supports external components
- It can be deployed in the cloud or on-premise environment.
Appian delivers powerful enterprise applications faster as it is an intelligent-automation-driven platform. It helps companies build smart apps that improve employee and business efficiency and customer engagement. Also, it ensures that your critical applications are secure.
- Native AI services
- Supports integration of enterprise data, web services, and systems without coding
- Drag-and-drop tools
- Supports no-code integration to AI and machine learning platforms via Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and Google cloud.
Salesforce Lightning offers a platform and a suite of tools for developing mobile applications with advanced security features. The pro-code tools allow you to utilize any programming language to build your apps. Also, it provides features, such as embedding IoT and AI and integration with third-party and Salesforce data.
- Its No-Code builders support easier mobile application development
- Lightning Process Builder helps you build complex workflows
- Instant application development from a spreadsheet.
Microsoft offers a low-code app development platform via PowerApps, a robust tool for developing applications with a slightly complex user interface (UI). Developers can extend the application capabilities using the pro-developer extensibility. With features like App running, App sharing, workflow automation, and cloud-based integration, Microsoft PowerApps is a great vendor for building low-code applications.
- Built-in templates
- You can build web-based applications that are compatible with Windows services, Android, and iOS
- Easy to connect apps to data.
- Point-and-click approach to application designing
OutSystems enables you to develop enterprise-grade applications faster, thanks to its numerous features that support you through the entire app development lifecycle. This low-code application development vendor helps you build mobile and web apps with continuous innovation. Its visual development tools and AI-powered automation allow you to tackle strategic challenges, including customer experience transformation, business process automation, and application modernization.
- Real-time performance dashboards
- Supports the creation of scalable apps
- Apps built with OutSystems can be integrated with various systems
- Seamless deployment of apps, on-premises or in the cloud
Retools offers the fastest solution to help you build internal tools. It has visually designed applications that interface with all APIs and databases. With Retool low code application development vendor, you can ship more applications, moving your business forward in minimal time. Teams at large companies like Amazon, Brex, and DoorDash, collaborate using custom-built Retool applications to streamline their internal workflows.
- Build frontends faster using 50 plus drag-and-drop components
- Self- and cloud-hosted options are available
- Secure apps with fine-grained audit logs and access controls
The Zoho Creator’s cross-platform application builder helps developers quickly create native mobile apps. This low-code application development vendor has more than 7 million users globally and has been used to develop over 6 million apps. Zoho Creator offers flexible ad powerful features that adapt to specific business needs.
- Generate insightful reports
- Collaborate across teams and seamlessly connect with your enterprise data
- Unbeatable security
- Build more apps with minimal effort
Creatio is a leading provider of a single platform to automate Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and industry workflows with limited coding requirements and a high level of freedom. It offers an intelligent process management and low-code platform with out-of-the-box templates and solutions. This vendor’s marketplace has ready-to-use solutions and applications that you can extend to expand the platform’s functionality.
- Machine learning and AI tools to accelerate your business processes
- BPM engine that flexibly manages unstructured and structured processes
- Intuitive UI for visual modeling
- No-code/low-code automation to effortlessly create configurative solutions
- Robust administration and security features
While it may not be as famous as other vendors, GeneXus is one of the best low-code application development platforms. This low-code platform offers a unique platform that automates and simplifies the tasks of building and evolving multi-user channel experiences and enterprise applications.
- Deployment flexibility
- Supports multi-experience applications
- AI-driven automatic software generation
Kissflow is the first unified digital workplace platform to allow users to manage all their work in one platform. This low-code application development vendor is used by more than 10,000 users globally. It features 45+ prebuilt applications to help you develop your own enterprise apps. Kissflow believes that individuals closest to the chaos know the best solution. Therefore, it helps business users easily identify, build, modify, and use enterprise apps. No complex mapping or coding is necessary.
- Drag-and-drop functionality to edit and add fields
- Supports no-code, eliminating the need for hand coding
- Build logic and tasks with the drag-and-drop feature
- Supports digitization of requests and forms.
Many low-code application development vendors are in the market. As a result, it is hard to pick the right platform to use. However, the 10 listed low-code solutions have been outstanding over time, delivering exceptional features and accelerating digital transformation. Therefore, if you’re looking forward to venturing into low-code development, you should look out for these vendors and assess their capabilities to determine which works best for you.
Interesting Related Article: “7 Ways Artificial Intelligence Will Transform Your Business Processes“