Insurance brokerage firm TrueNorth Companies has made a number of changes to its leadership roster as it looks to secure its position as a legacy company and a broker of choice.
The following leadership advancements and transitions have been announced, effective this January:
- Matt Rathje, currently TrueNorth’s senior vice president of client operations, will step into the role of chief operations officer
- Chad Thurm, senior vice president of transportation, will take over as chief financial officer
- Bill Tuebel, former TrueNorth CFO, will maintain his position as senior strategy officer
- Max Smith, executive vice president of risk management, will become TrueNorth’s chief commercial officer
According to a release issued by TrueNorth, these leadership appointments were done in support of the firm’s strategic plans and continued growth,
“We have taken executive-level stability to heart as we prepare TrueNorth for everything the future holds,” said Jason Smith, TrueNorth’s chief executive officer. “It’s a privilege and an honor to announce some significant leadership advancements that will serve to fuel and strengthen TrueNorth’s planned trajectory in the years and decades to come.”
Along with its officer appointments, TrueNorth also revealed the following internal promotions that have taken effect this month:
- Assistant general counsel Robynn Westphal has been appointed general counsel
- Senior vice president of risk management Stu Haker has been appointed executive vice president of risk management
- Transportation principal & practice leader Bill Zenk has been appointed executive vice president of risk & workforce solutions
- Transportation principal & practice leader Chris Gulker has been appointed senior vice president of transportation
- Director of client services Andrew Mills has been appointed vice president of operations of risk & workforce solutions
- Manager of strategic initiatives Garret Shekleton has been appointed vice president of operations of risk management
Headquartered in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, TrueNorth is a closely privately held risk management and insurance brokerage firm with 15 offices in seven states. It previously acquired Denver-area agency Jewell Insurance, as well as Gateway Insurance Services in Ames and Iowa Falls.