Just in the first half of 2022, over 850,000 Indian travelers visited the UAE!
And if you’re also looking to travel to Dubai and need information on how to get a Dubai tourist visa for Indians, you’ve come to the right place!
In this article, I’ll give you all the need-to-know details on how to apply for a visa, how long it will take, and everything in between.
A Complete Guide on Dubai Visa for Indians
Before we can start on how to apply for a Dubai tourist visa for Indians, let me give you a gist of the visa.
Here is everything I will cover:
– What Is a Dubai Visa?
– Is There a Dubai Visa on Arrival for Indians?
– Which Is the UAE Visa On Arrival Countries?
– What Are the Dubai Visa Types?
– What Documents Do You Need to Apply for A Dubai Tourist Visa for Indians?
– What Is India to Dubai Visa Fees?
What Is a Dubai Visa?
As you might know, Indian citizens cannot travel to Dubai without a visa and generally would need a Dubai tourist visa for Indians.
But what exactly is a visa?
A visa is a document attached to your passport in the form of a sticker or electronically linked and sent to you as a PDF.
For example, if you applied for a Dubai tourist visa for Indian online, you would receive it via your email address. You must print and carry the visa with you to present it to the immigration officers, who will allow you to enter the country.
What Are the Dubai Visa Types?
Well, there are numerous Dubai visa types that you can apply for all sorts of purposes.
For this reason, we will only focus on the visit visas for tourism purposes:
– Dubai transit visa: It is valid for either a transit for 48 or 96 hours.
– Dubai tourist visa: This visa is valid for 30 days or 90 days and a single or multiple entry, depending on the type you choose.
– Dubai 5-year multiple entry visa: This visa is valid for 5 years and allows you to stay in the country for 90 days.
– Dubai/UAE Visa On Arrival or VOA: This option is for eligible countries to get a visa upon arrival in the country.
Which Is the UAE Visa On Arrival Countries?
Though there is a visa-on-arrival option, not all countries can apply for it.
Citizens that can get a VOA for 30 days are:
Citizens that can get a VOA for 90 days are:
Is There a Dubai Visa On Arrival For Indians?
Yes! But as an Indian, you must meet the eligibility criteria.
Only an Indian citizen with a valid US green card or UK or EU residence permit can apply for a VOA.
Also, Indians can only get a VOA for only 14 days which can be extended at an immigration office in Dubai.
What Documents Do You Need to Apply for A Dubai Tourist Visa for Indians?
Thankfully the list of documents you’d need is quite short for a Dubai tourist visa.
Here are the documents that you must have:
– A valid Indian passport valid for 6 months
– A return flight ticket
– Proof of accommodation
– Proof of funds such as bank statements
– Passport photos
– Travel Insurance
What Is India to Dubai Visa Fees?
The Dubai tourist visa price for Indians varies a whole lot.
The other factors that affect the cost of a tourist visa for Dubai are where you apply, the Dubai visa type, whether it is a single or multiple entry visa, etc.
The Dubai visit visa charges are as follows:
Always make sure that you have checked the Dubai visa price list for the company you have chosen to apply through.
Applying for A Visitor Visa in Dubai
The process of applying for a Dubai visa for Indians is relatively simple and straightforward.
However, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind to ensure a hassle-free experience. Such as:
– Ways To Get a Dubai Tourist Visa for Indians
– How To Get a Dubai Tourist Visa for Indians?
– How to Get Your Visa in Dubai?
Ways To Get a Dubai Tourist Visa for Indians
The best thing about applying for a Dubai tourist visa for Indians is the sheer number of methods.
You can apply in the following ways:
– Atlys: If you want to apply for a Dubai tourist visa yourself and get the visa within 30 minutes, I suggest you use the Atlys app. The application can be completed in a few simple steps directly from your smartphone!
– Your airline: If you are flying to the UAE through Etihad Airways, Emirates Airline, Fly Dubai, or Air Arabia, you can apply through them for your visa as well.
– Your hotel: Several hotels in the UAE can assist you with your visa. So, if you want to explore this option, find out with your hotel if they can assist you with the visa application.
– Registered travel agents: Some registered travel agents can assist you with your visa application in India.
– Thorough government website: You can apply through The Identity and Citizenship (ICA) eChannels portal or The General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) Dubai if you have a friend or family member who is a resident or citizen in UAE.
– Dubai Visa Processing Center (DVPC): Lastly, you can apply online or in person through a DVPC in India.
How To Get a Dubai Tourist Visa for Indians?
As I mentioned earlier, if you’re an Indian citizen looking to travel to Dubai, you’ll need to obtain a visa before your trip.
And the process of applying for a visa can be done entirely online in some cases, and it’s relatively simple.
For example, you can use the Atlys app to complete your application or apply through the airline you will fly with.
First, you’ll need to fill out an online application if applying through an airline or other online platform. Then, you’ll need to submit some documents, including your passport and a photo, and lastly, pay the visa fees.
Yes, it is that simple!
Once your application is approved, you’ll receive your visa electronically. You’ll need to print it out and bring it with you when you travel to Dubai.
With a visa in hand, you’re ready to start planning your trip to Dubai!
How to Get Your Visa in Dubai?
Let’s say you have a friend or family member that lives in the UAE. In that case, they can apply for the visa online through the ICA or GDRFAD website on your behalf!
They must create an account on either the ICA or GDRFAD website, depending on their live emirate.
For example, GDRFAD is for residents living in Dubai, whereas ICA is for the rest of the emirate’s residents.
Once they have an account, they can fill out the visitor visa application from UAE.
After your visit-visa application from Dubai/UAE is approved, they will receive the visa on the portal and via email. Then, they can send it to you to print and carry, and that’s it! It is that easy.
How Long Does It Take To Process Visas In Dubai?
It doesn’t take long for the Dubai tourist visa to get processed.
Generally, the visa processing time would be between 3 to 5 working days, depending on your visa application method.
But always remember each visa application time can be assessed on its own merits and could take longer.
Why Get a Visa in Dubai Instead Of Other Countries?
You must be wondering – So what makes the Dubai visa so different from other countries?
– There are many ways to apply for a Dubai tourist visa. No other countries have so many options available. For example, you can only apply for an Egyptian visa directly at the Embassy.
– Each visa application method is quite straightforward. You do not have to struggle to collect too many documents, either.
– You can also apply for different visa types depending on the purpose of visit and length of stay.
– The UAE has a visa on arrival that eligible Indian nationals can take advantage of for a short trip.
– Lastly, if you have friends and family members in the UAE, they can apply for the visa on your behalf.
And That Is All
Well, as you read, it’s not too difficult to get a Dubai visa for Indians, and with a little planning ahead, you can be on your way to this amazing city in no time.
Make sure you choose the right visa type and get it before your trip.
Once you have your visa in hand, you’ll be able to enjoy all that Dubai has to offer!