Picture: photo manufacturer
1905: Major order
With this chair, a new era began for Fritz Hansen. Architect Martin Nyrop approached the company in 1905 with a commission to produce all the furniture for Copenhagen City Hall, which he was designing. Nyrop found a congenial partner in Christian E. Hansen, the son of the founder, head of the company since 1899 and himself an architect. This first cooperation was followed by many other joint projects with architects and designers. Unrivaled to this day: the complete furnishing of the SAS Royal Hotel by Arne Jacobsen.